Monday, January 29, 2007


I broke down and made a pair of fingerless gloves to wear at work. My office has no heat coming to it and my hands and feet freeze. I got the pattern off of knitty.com and it is the creation of Cheryl Niamath. She did a great job writing this pattern out. It was so easy and quick. I thank her for it (as do my hands). Now to find a HEAVY sock pattern.
I wore these a couple times in the office and the boss finally brought in a portable heater. Wow. What a difference. I almost don't need the gloves. Notice I said almost?
I really need to get started on some baby items as my new granddaughter is due to arrive in June. I haven't found that one perfect pattern as of yet.
I have some nice sock yarn waiting to become a new pair. The KAL I belong to should be starting a new pattern anytime.
I am also waiting for the monthlydishcloth kal to start for February.
I have lots of projects waiting, just nothing on the needles right at the moment. That seems strange....nothing to knit. Maybe I will go look up a pattern for the baby.
Until later..

3 comments:

Scarves For All Reasons said...

NIce work on the the fingerless gloves. karen

Knitcrazy said...

Very Nice and I am sure your hands will LOVE them :)

Penny


http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

The gloves are very pretty. I've wondered about wearing fingerlesss gloves, but then I realize that the part of my hands that is always coldest is my fingertips. hehe I'm working on a pair of opera length gloves because I've got really long arms and my wrists are always cold because my sleeves ride up. hehe