Sunday, October 21, 2007


This is the Continental Divide in Colorado. It amazes me that the ruts from wagon wheels over 100 years ago still show. It makes you wonder if anything you do will leave even the tiniest of marks. Will anyone remember you were here? I know for a fact I have not done anything to warrant rememberance like that, personally, but I am afraid "we" will be leaving our mark on this earth and it may not be all that great.

Just to the left of this is a huge marker explaining history, natural phenomenon and the like. It was a great history lesson for my 7 year old granddaughter. (not to mention all the adults)

About the time we stopped here, the baby decided she was hungry and wanted her bottle NOW. There was no where to heat it for miles. There was a motor home parked nearby, so me being the bold person that I am, walked over, said hi and asked to use the microwave. Wonderful people. They heated the bottle, came over to see the baby, we talked while she drank and after many thanks and a couple good burps, we were off again. The things you do when the baby demands to eat

On the knitting front. I have a pair of Plain Vanilla Socks otn made out of Jawoll Aktion in a very pretty fall color way. I will post a picture as I get farther along. I worked on a pair of socks the whole time I was away, but in the end they finally convinced me they didn't really want to be socks after all. At least not the socks I wanted them to be, so I frogged them.

That's it for now. Until next time.....

No comments: