Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January Mid Month KAL

Here is the mid month KAL from MonthlyDishcloths on Yahoo. I really like the pattern and will do it again, but my stitches are out of whack. I am trying to knit continental (holding the yarn in my left hand) and my tension won't cooperate. They say it's all in the baby finger. That is what controls tension. Well, my baby finger is just that...a baby. It will not listen, will not pay attention and has the strength of, well, of nothing. A mouse's little finger has more strenght than mine!

I am not one to give up though! I watched a video on youtube that showed running the yarn behind your neck while you purled. I tried that, and got better results with purl stitches. It said you could only use that on the purl stitch. Now, I'm a "Why" kind of girl. Why only the purl stitch? I tried it on the knit stitches (just because they said I couldn't!) and it worked for me. I was able to keep the tension pretty much the same the last 1/8 of the cloth. I will be trying this out on a few other things I'm working on right now that it doesn't matter what the tension is. You know, like dishclothes and trebbles.

OTN: two at once toe up socks in Wildfoote Peasant Blue, Felted clogs in Blueberry and a shawl that really needs to be frogged in Lorna Laces Cool colorway.

Until next time....

No comments: