Sunday, January 20, 2008

Winter Socks

These are the winter socks I finished last fall for a group on yahoo. I've worn them many times, but never took a picture until now.
They are knit toe up, two at a time using Sokkatta yarn. I've misplaced the ball band, so I don't know the color. As you can see they are black, gray and brown. They remind me so much of winter where I live. The cold gray skies, the black tree trucks against the snow and the brown leaves still hanging from the oaks. Yup. Perfect winter socks. I have a beautiful Jawoll yarn for my fall socks that I want to start working with but it comes with nylon thread for the foot and I just cannot wrap my brain around how to use it. I can get as far as the heel flap, but for the rest of the foot, I'm lost. Oh well. I'll figure it out eventually and by then it will be a real "duh" moment!
This was the first week end for Tip Up Town and I believe attendance was way down. Probably due to the cold and mostly to the gas prices. I hope next week end is better. Businesses up here depend on this event to hold them until spring. The snow was good and the ice on the lake was perfect. I haven't heard who won the turkey bowling. I'll just have to wait for the paper!!
Until next time......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to see Michigan. I have a large t-shirt with the map of the state on it. I'd love to see it all white and snow covered.
I like these socks too-sure the colour is just my cup of tea.
Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog.

Jill L said...

Love the Socks. I need to make some it those colors. All mine are really bright! I have a blogger blo as well and I will link you to google reader so we can stay in touch

Jill from 360