Thursday, January 10, 2008


This is my Grandma and newest Granddaughter. We had DD and her family home for New Years and it was wonderful. We were having such a good time that it wasn't until after everybody left, I realized we had 5 generations of women in one room and no one got a picture. The last time that happened in my family was 32 years ago. Oh how I wish I had a time machine and could go back in time just a few days. Then again, it just wasn't meant to be. My Grandma will be 90 soon and we are so fortunate to have her with us. There have been many close calls but she is still hanging in there. She's a tough old bird!! This is who it is said I get my creative streak from. This woman can paint, sew, draw, you name it. I remember when I was still in high school, she and I went shopping for formals. I found one I really liked but it was so expensive. Grandma studyed it for about 30 minutes and we left. A few days later she called me and said I needed to stop by for a fitting. When I did, I was amazed to see the dress hanging next to her sewing machine. She made the exact dress for me just by studying the original. She amazed me and still does.
How have the resolutions been coming? I said in an earlier post that I resolve to do nothing. It's working!!! Actually, I am on track with mine, just taking it real slow so as not to get frustrated and quit.
I've rambled on enough so until next time......

No comments: